Tuesday, April 8, 2008

No Pain, Weight Gain: Does Taking Certain Meds Add Pounds?

The Weekly Checkup
ChronicPainConnection.com April 8, 2008
No Pain, Weight Gain

Does Taking Certain Medications Mean Adding Pounds?
Dr. Borigini discusses which kinds of drugs taken for chronic pain often carry the side effect of weight gain, and why these medications cause the weight gain they do.

Latest from our experts...

A couple of days ago I received a call from a massage therapy student who had one final assignment to complete before her graduation -- interviewing someone with fibromyalgia. As I answered her questions about types of pain, energy levels, how FM has changed my life, etc., I found myself giving her two-part answers. First I would tell her how I am doing now; then I would describe what it was like for many years prior. The longer we talked, the more I realized how much my life has changed.

Poll of the Week

Have you taken a prescription medication that has caused weight gain?

Your options are:

  • Yes
  • No
  • Not sure

Vote Now
advertisement
.

This email was sent to: dohub.dohub@gmail.com. If this email was forwarded to you by another email recipient and you would like to subscribe to the Chronic Pain email list, click here.

If you'd like to unsubscribe from Chronic Pain emails, manage your newsletter subscriptions, or change your email address, click here.

The HealthCentral Network, 1655 N. Fort Myer Drive, #400, Arlington, VA 22209

(c) 2008 The HealthCentral Network, Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.

No comments: